The Creamiest Tomato Soup (without dairy)
You will not believe this soup is dairy free! Creamy, smooth, velvety, and delicious.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, diced small
- 4 stalks celery, diced small
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and grated
- 1 medium celery root, peeled and grated
- 2 pounds tomatoes, rough chopped
- 2 teaspoons Diamond Krystal Kosher Salt
- water, as needed
Heat a medium sized Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add olive oil, onion, celery, carrot, parsnips, and celery root.
Add salt and pepper and stir well.
Cook vegetables, stirring often until they are cooked through and soft. Do not brown.
Add tomatoes. Cover and cook until tomatoes break down and release their liquid.
Add water to cover.
Bring to a simmer, and cook at least 20 minutes.
Ladle into a blender. Use caution when blending hot liquids. Do not fill the blender all the way up.
Blend in batches on high. Two minutes for each batch.
Adjust seasonings if needed by adding more salt and pepper.