Cucumber and Apple Slaw
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 Tbsp Diamon Krystal kosher salt (use half the amount if using Morton's)
- 2 large apples
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Peel, seed, and cut the cucumbers into medium dice. Place in a bowl.
Toss the cucumbers well with the kosher salt. Place the cucumbers in a colander or strainer set over a bowl. Allow the cucumbers to marinate and drain for at least two hours and up to eight hours. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Place the cucumbers in a bowl and set aside.
Peel and cut the apples into medium dice. Add to the bowl with the cucumbers. Add the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, celery seed, black pepper, and parsley. Stir well and enjoy.